Sunday, October 12, 2014

Implications and Teaching Opportunities for Camara Use in Teaching and Learning

http://www.herbertkikoy.info/2014/04/best-smartphone-for-gaming/

Part A:
    Technology has become an invader in the world. It has made an impact on everyone and even has been input in the school systems. Some counties have banned the use of technology, while others only allow certain things to be in the classroom, and others have certain times when technology is allowed. For example Foley High School only allows cell phone use in between classes, during breaks and lunch. It is prohibited to be used in class.

   The implications for education, school, teachers, and learners is that we are finding ways to use technology in schools without losing control on what the students can do during class. The data provided in the class blog, shows students and young adults have become reliable on their cell phones, some even require a camera when looking to buy a new one. I think teachers and schools should use this to their advantage when providing an education. If you can't beat them, join them.



Part B:
   Why banned the use of technology? When I'm a teacher in the future, I'm sure most, if not all, of my students will have a smartphone or a tablet. I think we should use these as resources. However, I do not think they should be present for test, because it just makes it to easy to cheat on things. I hope I can trust my students to use technology to the best of their abilty without being dishonest. With the use of smartphones and tablet we have information in the palm of our hands, we should use that to our advantage especially in a class room.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jennifer,
    Great job on your blog!!! Everything seems to be looking good. I love the fact that you mention with the use of Smartphone’s and tablets, we have information in the palm of our hands, which is so true. In my blog post, I said that having a Smartphone is just like having a mini computer because a person has access to any information that is beneficial to their health. I will most definitely incorporate the use of technology in my classroom once I become a Physical Education teacher.

    ReplyDelete