Sunday, October 26, 2014

Blog Post #10 What can we learn from Mrs.Cassidy?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.blogger
      Mrs.Cassidy's approach to the use of technology has grown over the years. She first started ten years ago with a homepage. She started blogging with her first graders five years ago. She does most all of it by herself. She keeps her students private by not putting their picture with their name. She doesn't allow students to post their last names. They do post their work online. She also sends home a paper for permission from parents to post children's work online.She doesn't allow them to say negative things to each other. She keeps track of how many readers have read her student's blogs. She also has them Skype with other students. She is recently looking at Twitter.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skype.raider
     She has the students blog at the same time in a computer lab.
She believes information is more collaborative so the teacher should be creative to make the assignments individually yours.
She thinks Facebook could be a good learning tool like Twitter. This can help students find other teachers or students for resources. She teaches them not to go to places they aren't suppose to be. They only have certain places they can visit that are linked to her homepage.


  In my own classroom, I'm not entirely sure what I would use. However I know I will not use twitter. I only started using twitter in this class and honestly I don't really like it. I do want to teach with technology because like we have said in previous assignments it has become a major part of the world. I'm not sure I would do blogging in a Kindergarten class but I would use it in a higher grade level, starting with the first grade. I do like the idea of using an Ipad or tablet for reading and other things for smaller children.

https://blog.twitter.com/

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    I enjoyed reading your blog post. I can agree that this is the first time I have used Twitter and I have not got to involved in Twitter. I am aware that it can be a great social networking source however. One thing I will point out to you and that your alt and title modifiers are not working but your pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, It was neat getting to know Ms. Cassidy and how she runs things in her classroom. I really like that she pointed out blogs aren't always used the same in every class. You did a good job explaining what you learned from her and how you could use that later for your own classroom. Although you are iffy with Twitter, the more you play around on it, the more you might find it useful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure to include links to the videos you are referring to.

    ReplyDelete