Sunday, October 5, 2014

Blog Post #7 How do we all become learners?

  Michele Bennett: How to make an Audio QRCOde:
     I was taught how to make an audio QRCOde. I honestly have never heard of this before. She told use we have to use two websites and a word processor. She should me how to work the program. You can save recordings or you can start over. I would probably re watch this video often when making an audio recording.

Ginger Tuck: iPad in the Reading Center
  I was taught how technology can be used in a Kindergarten Class. I was wondering how you would introduce technology with such a young age group. I think this is a wonderful idea. Mainly because students can see and hear how they read. They get to grade themselves. They can improve themselves. They simply record while they read, then replay it and follow along checking for mistakes.

Poplet as a Center:
   Poplet is a free app you can download. This video teaches you how to use the app by showing you how her kindergarten students use it. I also think this is a good idea. They are learning to gather information to use. I have never heard of this app, so I have never used it. I would like to use it in the future for teaching. I like how you are still using actually books while incorporating technology. This helps with their reading and typing skills.

Alabama Virtual Library as a Kindergarten Center:
  I was taught how to log on and use AVL. I have never heard of this program. This program seems like an easy thing to use and also really helpful. She shows you how to use the program step by step. She also shows us how she has them use it. I think this would be a helpful program in any class.

Mrs.Shirley's 1st Grade Class: How to use and build a Board in DE for a Project Based Lesson:
     I have also never heard of this program. I was taught how to create a board using this program. You can use this program to put together a lot of facts, videos, and pictures about a certain subject. I think this could help students learn and continue to study certain subjects.
  
Mrs.Tassin's 2nd Grade Class: Student's Sharing Board Builders
    This teacher shows how using this program will help students learn subjects and how to talk in front of the class.For both of the videos shows certain students sharing their work. It shows that board builders can be used for multiple purposes.





Using iMovie and the Alabama Virtual Library in Kindergarten:
   I have recently learned how to use iMovie. I also just learned what the Alabama Virtual Library Library. This video showed how you use technology with Kindergarten in the classroom. Students make book trailers using iMovie. Also the video told us about how AVL is helpful and how it is used for Kindergarten.

We All Become Learners
  This video talks about everyone teaching and learning. Teachers are teaching students, but also learning from them. Some technology the students understand what they are doing better then what the teacher actually knows how to work it. One person told us about padlet, which we have used before.

What I still need to learn:
   After watching these videos I realized though I know some of the programs I still don't know all of them that could be useful. My strengths is that I can learn new programs fast, however one of my weakness is that I don't know all the programs that are available to me. For the next two years I need to keep better track of what is available to teachers to use to teach better. I want my students to learn what we talk about not to memorize it.

1 comment:

  1. You must include working links in every blog post. Please go back and add them.

    ReplyDelete