Sunday, October 12, 2014

Blog Post #8 What Can We Learn About Teaching and Learning From Randy Pausch?

   
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnegie_Mellon_University
       He started the lecture by telling them about himself. He captivated the audience with his information. He keeps them laughing and engaged by making jokes. He didn't stick to one topic, he had different things to talk about. He has examples for everything, he also have pictures and a power point but is not reading off of it. He did talk a lot about his dreams. The best part of this lecture he is teaching that you can learn things by trying to reach your dreams. He talked about how you can learn many things while being a teacher. He uses his childhood dreams as an example.

    I learned a lot while watching this video. I admire how he focused on how to get the most out of life instead of focusing on the fact that he is dying of cancer. He stated the brick walls are not meant to stop you but to show you how much you want something in life. You have to work hard for something that you really want. He is showing us that everything that can go wrong when trying to achieve something will. You should have fun while trying to achieve things in life. He showed me I want to be a teacher that learns and teaches her students, while we all have fun

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, you did a good job with your blog post. I agree with what you said about what you learned from him. I myself really enjoyed the video of Randy. He had such good sports for a person in his conduction. Keep up the good work.

    -Heather Trawick

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He showed me I want to be a teacher that learns and teaches her students, while we all have fun." I really like this.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete