Sunday, September 14, 2014

C4T #1 and 2 Liz B. Davis

  Outline:
  • new ways to conduct Back to School Night
  • Group projects with faculty to help with parents
  • helps teachers understand parents better. 
  • diverstiy
  • parent survey
Comment 1:     
        Lix B. Davis has recently been hired as Director of Curriculum. She is starting a new program at back to school night. She wants to group teachers together from different grades and level of education. When they are paired together. Each pair will have something different to look at, for example one will have a parent survey. Then they will fill out an empathy map. Then the groups will be reconfigured by schools. They will discuss what needs to improve, with 10 minutes to list 100 problems. They will as a group discuss how to fix some of these problems.

     I think this idea is a great one. Even though I don't understand all of what is being said, I know that teachers need to see that they might be doing something wrong or can simply improve what they are doing. Parents don't know much about a teacher and how they are in class, however depending on the parents and students relationship, the parent is going to hear a lot about the teachers. When you think about it the most talked about teacher is not the one you like, but the one you absolutely hated. Is that not why rate my professor was created? So students do not have to take the terrible teachers. I can't wait to hear if this system actually works for what it is designed for.

Comment 2:
  When I reread this blog post so I could refresh my thoughts on this, I realized that I read somethings wrong. I had thought the parents were part of this meeting, however that is not the case. The groups are simply made of just teachers. Though I still agree with this program and how it will work. It seems simple, as long as it is explained well to the participating party.

No comments:

Post a Comment