Sunday, September 21, 2014

Blog Post #5 PLNs What are they??


Personal Learning Networks (PLNs) are a way to have access to everything you use to learn in one place. You can connect with other teachers and students. It will be a great value when I become a teacher because it will help having all the apps I use available in one location.


In the future, this program will help me as a teacher. It will keep me organized when using programs regularly. I will have access to these websites with only a few clicks of my mouse. I always will be able to add teachers to my PLN so I can see if they have anything that could help me or if I can help them. 

    I decided to use Symbaloo as my PLN. I have already added twitter, Google docs, Google mail, Google drive, and other websites that I have needed in EDM 310. I may also add other programs I use in future classes.

  My first addition to my PLN is going to be the student I have recently been assigned to. Also I will add the teacher from my first assignment and any other teachers I will be assigned in the future. This will give me plenty of practice when I start using this program in the future for teaching.

Source: http://fairystreams.wordpress.com/


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer. Be sure and check your blog posts after hitting "publish". There is some type of random black box at the top of your blog from twitter, I'm not sure what is actually supposed to be showing up there. Also, remember to add in links based on the resources provided in the blog post instructions that you reference to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jennifer, I agree that getting a head start on your PLN with the students and teachers that you have interacted with during this class is a fantastic idea. This will definitely grant you the head start and practice that you are referencing. I am quite sure that as an educator your PLN will become one of your most powerful tools.

    ReplyDelete